Firefox andtelegram-desktop save dialogs non-functional after 22.04

After updating to 22.04, system dialogs from Firefox are no longer styled with the system’s theme.

Additionally, they no longer seem to function properly. The default save location is /home, leading to permission denied errors:

Trying to change the file name to save as opens the search bar; any attempt to type anything in the name field fails:

When trying to save to a folder that does not have any folders, the save button is grayed out: (re-logging-in appears to have fixed this somehow)

Am I doing something horribly wrong, here? This began on updating to 22.04. Here are the current stats:

$ snap version
snap    2.55.3+22.04ubuntu1
snapd   2.55.3+22.04ubuntu1
series  16
ubuntu  22.04
kernel  5.15.0-27-generic

$ snap list firefox
Name     Version   Rev   Tracking         Publisher  Notes
firefox  99.0.1-1  1232  latest/stable/…  mozilla*   -

$ snap list telegram-desktop
Name              Version             Rev   Tracking     Publisher         Notes
telegram-desktop  3.7.3-6-g823fc25fa  3985  latest/edge  telegram.desktop  -

# Using i3wm
$ i3 --version
i3 version 4.20.1 (2021-11-03) © 2009 Michael Stapelberg and contributors

$ env SNAPD_DEBUG=1 SNAP_CONFINE_DEBUG=1 snap run telegram-desktop
# A bunch of DEBUG level log messages
[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Operation not permitted (1)
error: : cannot open

(telegram-desktop:3097363): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 14:25:39.061: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.portal.Error.NotAllowed: This call is not available inside the sandbox
qt.svg: Error while inflating gzip file: SVG format check failed
qt.svg: Error while inflating gzip file: SVG format check failed
qt.gui.imageio.jpeg: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment

# I've seen mentions of theming being an issue. None of the themes I've trie dhave worked, but in case it's relevant:
$ gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme
'Adwaita-dark'

Current work-around is to create a ~/save folder with an empty tmp folder inside to save files to as their default names, then change manually later.

This looks like you’re missing a portal implementation that works with your desktop session.

Please try again with GTK_USE_PORTAL=0 and let me know what happens.

Alas, I’m still seeing the same thing, same GDBus.Error followed by the qt errors. Here’s the command: env SNAPD_DEBUG=1 SNAP_CONFINE_DEBUG=1 GTK_USE_PORTAL=0 snap run telegram-desktop

Digging into portals, I poked at setting themes via env, which did not help, in case that helps diagnose.

have you tried with a freshly created test user yet ? … to rule out that there is some breaking config adjustments left over from before the upgrade in your home dir ?

Apologies for the delayed response; health problems.

I created a new user to give this a go and ran into a similar problem:

Screenshot from 2022-06-18 12-35-52

Apologies for the screenshot, probably should have saved the text. In short, though, it’s the same This call is not available from inside the sandbox error. This is also after reinstalling the snap and, on a hint from askubuntu, running:

fd '.so$' /snap/telegram-desktop/current/usr/ | xargs ldd | ag 'not found'

to check for missing libraries (none found, though in the process, I installed libwebkit2gtk-4.1-dev libxkbcommon-x11-dev; I’m not sure how much it matters in the context of snaps).

What’s your desktop environment? The issue with editing the filename that triggers the search bar appears to be a known problem on LXQt.