File explorer too slow in all snaps when using “Open” and “Save As” menu options

I have recently installed Ubuntu Budgie 24.04 and everything seems to be working fine, except that when I open a snap application and try to use the “Open” or “Save As” menu options, or any other option that involves opening the file explorer to decide where to save or retrive files, it takes a long time to open the file explorer or it may not open at all.

For example, with Thunderbird. If I receive an email with attachments and I try to save the attachments, the file explorer may take more than 60 seconds to open.

The same behavior happens with all snap applications. The snap applications themselves open normally, and I can use them without problems, but when I want to save my work, or open an existing file, the file explorer takes a long time to open or does not open at all.

This behavior does not happen with applications installed from the Ubuntu repository through apt or through external .deb packages. So it is a behavior that only affects snaps.

Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?