Failed to release because of dangling symlinks

Hi,

I’m trying to create a Snap package but it already fails in devmode.

I used the core20 base because I think core18 doesn’t have gcc>=9 which our project needs to build.

I’m also having troubles getting it to work under strict confinement. I tried adding extensions: [gnome-3-38] to the apps.soundux section but I always get errors when the program tries to access pulseaudio via pactl like Failed to get module information: Access denied

GitHub Repo: https://github.com/Soundux/soundux-snap

Raw build log: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/527745135/buildlog_snap_ubuntu_focal_amd64_5e13b65539d036736aee2d91e43f703f_BUILDING.txt.gz

According to the dashboard revisions page it fails with:
package contains external symlinks: etc/pulse/client.conf.d/01-enable-autospawn.conf, lib/systemd/system/pulseaudio-enable-autospawn.service lint-snap-v2_external_symlinks

I would appreciate any assistance in creating the package

From a quick glance through your yaml, I see you’re staging pulseaudio. This package is for the daemon, which you likely don’t need. You will probably eliminate those symlinks by removing pulseaudio from stage-packages. To access the system daemon you will want to stage libpulse0 instead.

2 Likes

Thanks I wasn’t aware of that. It seems to build without that error now.

I don’t know why but it doesn’t work at runtime in devmode. When I change the confinement to classic everything seems fine.

I get a bunch of these errors:

Connection failure: Connection refused
pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused

ALSA lib conf.c:4120:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib pcm.c:2642:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock

ERROR **: 20:44:56.531: Unable to fork a new child process: Failed to execute child process ?/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/webkit2gtk-4.0/WebKitWebProcess? (No such file or directory)

These no longer occur. I opened a new thread for the error I’m getting now.