Failed to connect to SDP server - Permission Problem

I’m trying to run SDP server on bluetooth using my snap with sdptool, however I get the error “Failed to connect to SDP server on FF:FF:FF:00:00:00: No such file or directory” do you know how can I solve this problem in ubuntu snappy core?

@brunosfer what hardware is this, are all interfaces connected properly yet ? is other bluetooth stuff working ?

@koza do you happen to have an idea here ?

I’m running Ubuntu Core Snappy on Raspberry Pi 3 B. I have bluetooth-control and bluez installed v5.44

Does bluetooth in general work with your setup ?
(i.e. do you get scan results when in the bluetoothctl console etc)

there are some hints in

… not everything is implemented yet …

Hey, could you provide journal/syslog so that we see the denials. Moreover please run scanlog as explained here https://docs.snapcraft.io/build-snaps/debugging in the 'Debugging confined apps" section.

Thanks

@koza
@ogra

Hello
Is it still open issue? or do you have solution for it?
I also have same problem, it is killing me.

Well, bluetooth should at least work on UC18 and UC20 (i have not tried UC16) if you have the pi-bluetooth and bluez snaps installed (and their respective interfaces connected) … i’m currently testing BT a lot with:

… and it works relatively well (all input devices work, audio still has some stuttering issues due to missing and outdated firmware pieces in the pi-kernel snap) …

On a UC18 system I have running here I use a bunch of BLE devices with node-red-rpi as well …

That said, I have never used SDP server in this setup, but I see no reason why it would not work.