Failed snap store review for z1-edgert

I am uploading a snap for the first time so I may be doing something wrong.

I get the following error that I do not understand:

Will need manual review…
The Store automatic review failed.
A human will soon review your snap, but if you can’t wait please write in the snapcraft forum asking for the manual review explicitly.
If you need to disable confinement, please consider using devmode, but note that devmode revision will only be allowed to be released in edge and beta channels.
Please check the errors and some hints below:

• human review required due to ‘allow-installation’ constraint (bool)

What exactly is “allow-installation”? I do not see this term in the snapcraft.yaml for z1-edgert.

The complete message is:

human review required due to ‘allow-installation’ constraint (bool) declaration-snap-v2_plugs_installation (docker-daemon, docker)

Your snap uses the docker interface but that’s privileged and so its use requires special approval.

I suggest waiting, someone else will indeed review and reply to your request with more information :slight_smile:

• Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I was not asking for auto-connection though. The user would still manually connect the docker interface. I thought we only need to send review requests for auto-connection of privileged interfaces.

Manual reviews are different from auto-connection requests.

In this particular case, the docker interface grants device ownership to the snap, which is more than one might expect the interface to grant, so we have deemed it ‘superprivileged’. In addition to not being auto-connected, the default snapd policy uses an installation constraint so snaps can’t plugs it and be distributed via the store without review. The next steps for you will be described when the manual review is performed.

alok

May 7

Thanks Daniel. I was not asking for auto-connection though. The user would still manually connect the docker interface. I thought we only need to send review requests for auto-connection of privileged interfaces.

No, some privileged interfaces need authorization for “installation” as well. :slight_smile:

I see. Thanks for the explanation. I will wait for the manual review.

Does anyone know how long a manual review typically takes? I have not heard back since I uploaded the snap. So I am wondering if anything is needed from my end. Thanks!

Never mind… I got an email response right after I posted the last comment.