Expect snap - not living up to expectations 😁

Hi

I tried installing the Expect snap, but I found out that autoexpect is not included.

This makes it pretty useless for me, so I installed the apt version instead.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s pretty counter-intuitive to the purpose of snap packages if they don’t include at least the same functionality as the apt package? :thinking:

Cheers, Artur

Does the app have a Git repo? You might want to open an issue there. I wouldn’t bet on the dev paying attention to this forum.

I wrote them an email, but didn’t get a reply. Not using more time on this… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: One should think that it was more in Canonical’s interest than mine, that snaps are working as expected.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Publish a better snap of expect or commit to the one that’s already there. I know a lot of us would appreciate it.

That aside, out of curiosity, what exactly is wrong with the current one? Is it just that autoexpect is missing? Seems pretty easy to fix.

If you don’t want to do it, mind linking to the repo/snap in question for me so I can take a look?

This is a very old snap from someone who does not work at canonical anymore … feel free to submit a merge request, we can surely find someone to merge it …

1 Like

That makes me think: Is there any kind of deprecation protocol for snaps? Might be worthwhile to deprecate this snap and snaps like it until they can be updated.