Etcher (balenaEtcher) ISO to USB-stick burning tool

Etcher (balenaEtcher) is surprisingly still not available for Ubuntu. This is the hands down best (so very important) ISO burning app for Linux. There was some attempts for it 3+ years ago as indicated elsewhere on this site.

What might the situation on the Etcher snap currently? Is there some fundamental problem with Etcher so cannot be snapped? Something else? Thanks so much in advance.

So many must be wanting this on Ubuntu with a simple install from AppCenter. Most new users have no clue whatsoever on making (or how to) AppImages executable, and as far i know, AppImages are hard to get going on Ubuntu because of AppImage’s developer’s odd (old tech) choices.

Here is the starting point from the first Etcher snap creation attempt from years ago by @gantonayde :

"I am trying to pack Etcher as a snap using electron’s prepared files as a starting point (not sure how to use core20 with the electron-builder). I got the following error with confinement: strict (it works with classic on Ubuntu18.04 and 20.04):

/snap/balena-etcher-electron/x1/desktop-common.sh: line 339: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-querymodules: Permission denied

Then I used the personal-files interface to create read/write plugs to $HOME/snap/balena-etcher-electron/common/.cache, added LD_LIBRARY_PATH: $SNAP/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the environment because it didn’t know where libnode.so is and ended up with this error message:

(balena-etcher-electron.bin:56244): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 16:47:59.125: g_settings_schema_source_lookup: assertion ‘source != NULL’ failed [56244:0516/164759.127014:FATAL:memory.cc(22)] Out of memory. size=131072 /snap/balena-etcher-electron/x7/app/balena-etcher-electron: line 10: 56244 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) “${script_dir}”/balena-etcher-electron.bin “$@”

I am not sure how to proceed from here." (Packaging Etcher as a snap)

Sorry for the wall of text! Just thought it could be for good to summarize much that has been done so far.