Error using snap in google colab

I want to use snapcraft and multipass in google colab for buliding my snap. so, i try to install it. snap in already installed but command snap installl snap-package isn’t working.

snap is installed in /usr/bin/snap.

running command in colab
!snap install snapcraft --classic

output is:
error: cannot communicate with server: Post http://localhost/v2/snaps/snapcraft: dial unix /run/snapd.socket: connect: no such file or directory

i also try restart the service of snapd
command:
!systemctl start snapd.service
output::
System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.

other commad::
!service snapd start

snapd: unrecognized service

status of all service is:
!service --status-all
[ + ] apparmor [ + ] dbus [ ? ] hwclock.sh [ ? ] kmod [ - ] procps [ - ] rsync [ - ] udev [ - ] x11-common

i checked colab os-release and kernel version…hope that helps to problem more specifically,
Screenshot_20200330_024736

This does not reconcile with the fact it claims to be Ubuntu 18.04.3 in my opinion. Sounds like whatever tutorial you used to setup the colab instance has created a system based on Ubuntu 18.04.3, but isn’t actually 18.04.3, or the commands you gave would have worked.

What guide did you follow to get where you are now?

I really don’t know difference between these two. And i did not setup my colab notebook…i just start to writing code and execute it.
Here i share my colab notebook, if it helps to diagnosis the problem.

I made a small edit to your notebook to have it show what process 1 is, which displayed:

USER         PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
root           1  0.0  0.0  39196  6452 ?        Ss   03:16   0:00 /bin/bash -e 

So it looks like they are probably running your code in a bare process ID namespace rather than trying to present a container that looks like a traditional Linux system.

As the service is primarily marketed as a way to store and run iPython notebooks in the cloud, they probably consider providing a full Linux environment is out of scope.

So, there is no way to change this and any other way to run snap in google colab??

If there is no systemd in the environment Colab runs your notebook in, then it is unlikely that snapd will be able to run. I suspect that this would just be the first of many barriers: e.g. loading new AppArmor profiles.

I checked for systemd and it is installed properly…
Here is screenshot:

Screenshot_20200330_133803

if systemd is installed properly then why systemctl command is not working??