Error message: snap: command not found

in Trisquel OS…

I installed snap via the terminal. ok. but when i try to install with snap, i get

Command 'snap' not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install snapd

dave@primary:~$ sudo apt install snapd
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Package snapd is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package ‘snapd’ has no installation candidatePreformatted text

what’s wrong?

Trisquel is a distribution that takes free software philosophy to an extreme, since snaps help make proprietary software available, snapd is not distributed in Trisquel. This is unfortunately working as designed and not a technical issue but a political one, you could try build snapd yourself or use the snapd .deb from a corresponding Ubuntu release, but ultimately Trisquel is intentionally not wanting to make this easy for you.

I would say, distribution should avoid doing this. Aren’t these so called free software flag bearers trying to control people from doing what the users willingly trying to do with their systems? If the user issued a command to install a software on their system which is absolutely their right, what makes the distribution owner to step in and stop the user from doing so (what freedom is this)? This evil nature and stupidity should go away.

If you apply this same logic every where you will end up blocking user from accessing internet on their system.

If this is true I will suggest the OP to switch to other distribution, which at least let their users do things they want to do with their systems and stop acting like their guardian(controlling them) by hiding under the umbrella of free software philosophy they better learn what free software philosophy is.