Error Installing snapd and snap-store on Raspberry Pi 4 OS

Hello Friends,
I’m a new noob Snap user trying to install and use snap on Raspberry Pi OS with Desktop.
I’ve followed the guide available on the Snapcraft website to install snapd, core ,and test run hello0-world.
However, I am getting the following error message in the terminal, when I try to run hello-world:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ snap install hello-world
hello-world 6.4 from Canonical✓ installed
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ hello-world
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem-${PLATFORM}.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
Hello World!
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ 

I also tried to follow the snap-store installation guide, but after installation I’m getting these error messages when I try to run the snap-store:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ snap-store
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem-${PLATFORM}.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
/snap/snap-store/503/usr/bin/snap-store: symbol lookup error: /snap/snap-store/503/gnome-platform/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgtk-3.so.0: undefined symbol: atk_plug_set_child
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ 

Can anyone help solve these issues?

While annoying to see no doubt, these errors are harmless and can be ignored.

This issue was fixed in the snap-store snap yesterday, but the release is being phased out to all users, it should be phased out in the next 12 hours I think, if you try to refresh snap-store after that and still see the issue, please report back. See this post for more context: Snap store broken?

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile: :pray: I’ll try to refresh the snap-store tomorrow.