I would expect a re-installed snap to always connect interfaces as it originally did, even if the interface was disconnected when the snap was removed. I encountered a problem with the following scenario:
- Install a snap (from the https://snapcraft.io/store) that interfaces to “:network” when installed.
- Use “snap connections” or “snap interfaces” to confirm connection to “:network”.
- Disconnect the interface via “snap disconnect snapname:network”.
- Use “snap connections” and “snap interfaces” to confirm the connection to “:network” no longer exists.
- Remove the snap: “snap remove snapname”.
- Install the snap: “snap install snapname”.
- Both “snap connections” and “snap interfaces” show NO connection to “:network”.
This happened with or without the “–devmode” flag when installing.
This scenario was executed on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with both the core snap and core18 installed.
Seems like a bug to me.