Disable autodownload of stage dependencies after colcon build

Hi, I am using colcon plugin to build ros2 snap. After the colcon build is complete, i get a message:

+ '[' -f /root/parts/ros-part/install/opt/ros/snap/COLCON_IGNORE ']'
+ rm /root/parts/ros-part/install/opt/ros/snap/COLCON_IGNORE
+ env -i LANG=C.UTF-8 LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 PATH=/snap/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin SNAP=/snap/snapcraft/7425 SNAP_ARCH=arm64 SNAP_NAME=snapcraft SNAP_VERSION=6.1.post10+git8062dfd0 /snap/snapcraft/7425/bin/python -I /snap/snapcraft/7425/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snapcraft/plugins/v2/_ros.py stage-runtime-dependencies --part-src /root/parts/ros-part/src/ --part-install /root/parts/ros-part/install --ros-version 2 --ros-distro galactic --target-arch arm64

Staging runtime dependencies… Running [‘rosdep’, ‘resolve’, ‘rclpy’, ‘–rosdistro’, ‘galactic’]

It then download all the stage dependencies. I want to disable this since i am gonna install it locally. How can i do this?

Hi @rahul-tt, sorry for the late reply. Snaps being confined, they ship all the necessary dependencies for your application. Being a ROS 2 application, the colcon plugin automatically downloads all the exec dependencies declared in your package.xml files during the staging step. Without this, your application would not be able to run. So I’m not sure to understand why you would want to disable this?