Development in classic snap python errors

I’m attempting to build the snap I’m working on on the core image it is intended to run on. I installed the classic snap and then all requisite packages for development. I attempted to build a snap and received errors from the python multiprocessing lib. This is using the catkin plugin.

File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geneus/geneus_main.py", line 137, in genmain
pkg_map = get_pkg_map()
File "/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geneus/geneus_main.py", line 56, in get_pkg_map
pkgs = packages.find_packages(ws)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/catkin_pkg/packages.py", line 87, in find_packages
packages = find_packages_allowing_duplicates(basepath, exclude_paths=exclude_paths, exclude_subspaces=exclude_subspaces, warnings=warnings)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/catkin_pkg/packages.py", line 142, in find_packages_allowing_duplicates
pool = multiprocessing.Pool()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/__init__.py", line 232, in Pool
return Pool(processes, initializer, initargs, maxtasksperchild)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 138, in __init__
self._setup_queues()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 234, in _setup_queues
self._inqueue = SimpleQueue()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 354, in __init__
self._rlock = Lock()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 147, in __init__
SemLock.__init__(self, SEMAPHORE, 1, 1)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 75, in __init__
sl = self._semlock = _multiprocessing.SemLock(kind, value, maxvalue)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

This lead me to this stack overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2009278/python-multiprocessing-permission-denied/26776810

The suggestion to mount or change permissions on /dev/shm worked for that boot, but the suggestions to edit /etc/fstab for subsequent boots is not working in the classic snap to mount /dev/shm with the correct permissions. Is there another way to solve this to be able to develop on the core image?