The current snap version is really buggered! I had it set up to do daily backups. Yesterday I discovered the last 4 days haven’t been backed up (I might add without any warning given). So, I did a manual backup on Friday evening and let it run overnight into Saturday early evening - the progress bar was completely done, but the dialogue window stayed open for what appeared to be quite a long time, almost half n hour. When it did close, I’m presented with a terse dialogue that ‘Backup failed’. That was it, no other message.
snap info deja-dup
summary: Keep your important documents safe from disaster
publisher: Michael Terry (mterry)
Déjà Dup hides the complexity of backing up the
Right Way (encrypted, off-site, and regularly) and uses duplicity as the backend.
- Support for local, remote, or cloud backup locations like Google Drive
- Securely encrypts and compresses your data
- Incrementally backs up, letting you restore from any particular backup
- Schedules regular backups
- Integrates well into your GNOME desktop
refresh-date: today at 11:25 EDT
stable: 40.2 2019-10-26 (206) 127MB classic
edge: 40.2 2019-10-26 (206) 127MB classic
installed: 40.2 (206) 127MB classic
This is on an Ubuntu Eoan Install x64 backing up to Google Drive.