Creating a kernel snap for a aarch64 board

Apologies if this has been asked before but what are the basic steps in creating a kernel snap for an aarch64 based board where the kernel is supplied by the silicon vendor e.g. Xilinx

take a look at:

1 Like

Hi,
I am getting packages related errors during arm64 kernel snap.

Setting target machine to ‘arm64’
Cross compiling kernel target ‘arm64’
Installing build dependencies: binutils-aarch64-linux-gnu cpp-7-aarch64-linux-gnu cpp-aarch64-linux-gnu gcc-7-aarch64-linux-gnu gcc-7-aarch64-linux-gnu-base gcc-7-cross-base gcc-8-cross-base gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu gcc-multilib libasan4-arm64-cross libatomic1-arm64-cross libc6-arm64-cross libc6-dev-arm64-cross libgcc-7-dev-arm64-cross libgcc1-arm64-cross libgomp1-arm64-cross libitm1-arm64-cross liblsan0-arm64-cross libstdc++6-arm64-cross libtsan0-arm64-cross libubsan0-arm64-cross linux-libc-dev-arm64-cross
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
gcc-multilib is already the newest version (4:7.4.0-1ubuntu2.3).
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gcc-7-aarch64-linux-gnu : Conflicts: gcc-multilib but 4:7.4.0-1ubuntu2.3 is to be installed
gcc-multilib : Conflicts: gcc-7-aarch64-linux-gnu
Conflicts: gcc-7-aarch64-linux-gnu:i386
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Could not install all requested build packages: binutils-aarch64-linux-gnu cpp-7-aarch64-linux-gnu cpp-aarch64-linux-gnu gcc-7-aarch64-linux-gnu gcc-7-aarch64-linux-gnu-base gcc-7-cross-base gcc-8-cross-base gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu gcc-multilib libasan4-arm64-cross libatomic1-arm64-cross libc6-arm64-cross libc6-dev-arm64-cross libgcc-7-dev-arm64-cross libgcc1-arm64-cross libgomp1-arm64-cross libitm1-arm64-cross liblsan0-arm64-cross libstdc++6-arm64-cross libtsan0-arm64-cross libubsan0-arm64-cross linux-libc-dev-arm64-cross

Below mentioned are the snippets from snapcraft.yaml

type: kernel
architectures: [ arm64 ]

build-packages:
- cpio
- libssl-dev
- flex
- autoconf
- bison

How can I solve the broken package issues ?

I am not seeing the package issues after adding the gcc-multilib and automake.
But I noticed sometimes,snapcraft says compiler is not found during the kernel snap preparation process.