Create a 1.40.x track for oracle-cloud-agent snap

Hello,

can you please create a 1.40.x track for oracle-cloud-agent snap:

Thank You!

1 Like

Hello,

Per Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks 2, we need a 1-week voting/discussion period, so I’ll check back on the discussion and votes in a few days.

I have three questions before casting my vote.

1. What’s oracle-cloud-agent’s release cadence, how often is a new version (potentially requiring a new track) released? Is this documented somewhere?
  2. Is there some commitment from upstream on maintenance of old versions? e.g. is 1.39 still supported with security updates? Will it continue to be supported now that 1.40 is out, and for how long?
  3. Are new versions backwards-incompatible? Meaning, if I was running 1.40.x and try to install 1.41.x, will that just work, or do I need to migrate my data/configuration, or will things break horribly?

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like

Hi,

1. oracle-cloud-agent’s release cadence is usually once per month with no releases between Nov-Jan. this is not documented externally.
  2. Even though we do not commit to maintenance of old versions and usually suggest customers move to new versions if they encounter issues, we do commit to keeping older versions available as certain customers prefer to remain on older versions
  3. New versions are always backward-incompatible

Thanks, Manorama

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and +1 from me as a reviewer. The 1.40.x track has been successfully created.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like