Firefox snap uses almost 20-25% of CPU when playing any video, considering I have a RTX 3050 too, is it normal? As much I learnt GPU rendering is disabled for linux, but should it take 20% of CPU in Intel i7-11800H?
@soumyaDghosh are you using Wayland?
Yes, I am on wayland.
- Date generated: 2023-11-05 12:13:08
- Hardware Model: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. GF63 Thin 11UC
- Memory: 8.0 GiB
- Processor: 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H × 16
- Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics (TGL GT1)
- Graphics 1: Intel® UHD Graphics (TGL GT1)
- Disk Capacity: 512.1 GB
- Firmware Version: E16R6IMS.10D
- OS Name: Ubuntu 23.10
- OS Build: (null)
- OS Type: 64-bit
- GNOME Version: 45.0
- Windowing System: Wayland
- Kernel Version: Linux 6.5.0-10-generic
This might help.
Yeah, that’s really not recommended. There are quite a few reasons why wayland on nvidia is less than optimal. We are working on improving that, but you will get hardware accelerated graphics in firefox on X11 but not wayland right now.
Got it. But… some features really doesn’t work properly in X11. Hope wayland comes to nvidia soon.