CORE20 - external symlinks: usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts lint-snap-v2_external_symlinks

This topic is 3 years old, and if I’m spamming, I apologize. Just thought I’d revive this conversation for core20.

I have a successful build that fails to publish to the store due to this old error:

external symlinks: usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts lint-snap-v2_external_symlinks

Does anyone have any pointers? My yaml is here.

TIA.

Complete shot in the dark, but maybe try removing the cleanup part to see if it works?

And does the following(ish) line appear in the build logs? This is for Java 11 but should look pretty similar.

Copying needed symlink target '/etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts' from host to satisfy '/root/parts/osrs/install/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/lib/security/cacerts'.

Otherwise just on the side, I think your PYTHONPATH variable isn’t having an effect anymore, core20 uses 3.8 not 3.6

1 Like

Well it was worth a try…

Still getting the same failure. That said, you (@James-Carroll) saw something *(else) I missed! Thanks for pointing out the PYTHONPATH

I put up a related fix that may be what’s affecting you:
sudo snap refresh snapcraft --channel=edge/pr-3497

Will this also end up on snapcraft.io build server? This snap is built there primarily as only minor updates are made to the snap, typically.

Yes. It’s (4.6.2) now available in edge channel and should be available in stable soon.

1 Like

fwiw 4.6.2 is in the stable channel now.

1 Like

Thanks! That did it.

1 Like