Core error

Hello everyone…

Hope you can help…

I get this error when trying to install core:

error: cannot perform the following tasks:

• Mount snap “core” (11081) ([start snap-core-11081.mount] failed with exit status 1: Job for snap-core-11081.mount failed.
    See “systemctl status snap-core-11081.mount” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
    )

Can someone help…

Many Thanks

well, what do the outputs of the two commands it suggests show ? also what is the full output of snap version ?

Hi I get …

Mounting Mount unit for core… May 14 12:25:58 ns502670 systemd[1]: snap-core-11081.mount: Mount process exited May 14 12:25:58 ns502670 systemd[1]: Failed to mount Mount unit for core. May 14 12:25:58 ns502670 systemd[1]: snap-core-11081.mount: Unit entered failed lines 1-11/11 (END)

and

snap-core-11081.mount: Unit entered failed

And yes thats full error :frowning:

and the full output of snap version ?

snap 2.21-2+deb9u1
snapd 2.21-2+deb9u1
series 16
debian 9

is this the full otput ? (there should also be a kernel version line)

Yes thats all it shows me

okay , let me re-phrase … can you give us your kernel version please ? is this a distro kernel or something home-brewed ? (snaps are rather closely tied to kernel security features and require also some filesystem defaults (most distro kernels have these set by default))

4.19-ovh-xxxx-std-ipv6-64 #1093469 SMP Thu Jan 30 08:31:48 UTC 2020

Is that what you need

Also please run grep squashfs /proc/filesystems and paste the output.

aha, so this is some cloud or VM instance at OVH then i guess … i suspect that kernel is missing a bunch of stuff and you’d have to ask OVH to enable these bits … though check the command @mborzecki asked about, there is also likely the squashfs module missing in that kernel …

1 Like

Displays nothing at all

So it’s not supported in the kernel. Maybe you can try to run modprobe squashfs but that should be done automatically. It’s as @ogra mentioned, your kernel seems to be missing bits required to mount snaps. I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do. You can reach out to OVH asking about squashfs, or maybe you can run with a different kernel (eg. one from Debian 9).

1 Like