Core dumped when running checkbox-snappy on Fedora

Hi,
Sorry, I am the beginner of the checkbox and snap.
I would like to try checkbox-snappy testing tool on Fedora 31 through snap, but I got core dump as follows. Would it be possible to execute the checkbox testing tool on Fedora distro?

[fedora@localhost bin]$ pwd
/snap/checkbox-snappy/current/bin
[fedora@localhost bin]$ checkbox-snappy.test-runner
WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘encodings’

Current thread 0x00007fe4b2e5a740 (most recent call first):
Aborted (core dumped)

this is definitely the wrong binary you are executing (a snap binary that requires the snap environment to run can not be executed directly)… there should be checkbox commands in /snap/bin or /var/lib/snapd/snap
(on fedora it is helpful to “sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap” if you have not done this yet)

Note that the file checkbox-snappy.test-runner doesn’t exist in the checkbox-snappy $SNAP/bin directory, so in this case the app is still being run through snap run. This is also evidenced by:

WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement

which is output by snap-confine.

@cchen50 to your actual issue, you could try contacting the author of the snap at :

$ snap info checkbox-snappy | grep contact:

or possibly @cwayne knows what the issue might be or who can help you with this error.

What is the output of snap version ?

@ogra @ijohnson
I have done the command “sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap”, the result doesn’t changed.

$ snap info checkbox-snappy | grep contact

I guess I should report the issue to launchpad.net/checkbox-project

I got output of snap version as follows:

$ snap version 
snap    2.42.2-1.fc31
snapd   2.42.2-1.fc31
series  16
fedora  31
kernel  5.3.15-300.fc31.x86_64 

Thank you.