Connecting Icon theme and gtk theme through 'snap connect' does not work

I installed the Whitesur gtk snap theme for my snap apps so that i can integrate my ubuntu into one theme. But after i connected the gtk3 theme and icon theme to all apps using the command given in the readme. But its only working for the snap store, apps like gimp are not accepting the theme.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Run this command to install the theme sudo snap install whitesur gtk theme
  2. then connect the theme to all apps using for i in $(snap connections | grep gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i whitesur-gtk-theme:gtk-3-themes; done
  3. then connect the icon theme to all apps using for i in $(snap connections | grep gtk-common-themes:icon-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i whitesur-gtk-theme:icon-themes; done
  4. Will not work for any apps except snap store.

As in the screenshot, the gimp icon did not update to the icon theme’s icon. I did restart.

In this screenshot the gimp system theme was supposed to change but it looks just like the default system theme. Please adress this issue.

Browser : Google Chrome
Processor : Intel 4200U
Graphics Card : Nvidia GT 740M

gimp is a gtk2 app … i assume you would have to connect its theme interfaces to whitesur-gtk-theme:gtk-2-themes to actually have it use that theme …

The connecting the icon-themes content interface plug to extra snaps will not change how the snap’s icon is displayed in desktop shell launchers. It’s likely that the GIMP snap’s desktop file specifies the full path of a PNG file, so there is no way for an icon theme to override that.

As for the the GTK theme issue, @ogra is correct that you would need to connect gtk-2-themes (assuming your theme snap exposes a GTK 2 version).

About the gtk2 theme, the terminal says that there is no plug named gtk-2-themes for gimp