Compatibility issues running snaps under Fedora 29

Just tried out several of my snaps under Fedora 29 Workstation, the results are quite disappointing:

• gallery-dl(core18, command-line interface, python): working :slight_smile:
  • guvcview(legacy, desktop-gtk3 helper):
    • Wayland session: segfaults
    • X.org session: Failed with cannot open display: :0 (functional after full reboot)
  • hello-snapcrafters(legacy, command-line interface): working :slight_smile:
  • love-brlin(core18, gui, no-desktop-helper): execl failed at possibly snap-exec
  • mari0(core18, gui, no-desktop-helper): execl failed at possibly snap-exec
  • my-awesome-app (legacy, desktop-gtk3):
    • Wayland session: segfaults
    • X.org session: Failed with cannot open display: :0 (functional after full reboot)

The Fedora instance runs in a QEMU/KVM virtual machine, via GNOME Boxes, all system updates installed. Wayland session is used by default.

I will look into those. Wayland is curious but perhaps something can be fixed in general.

CC @mborzecki

EDIT: what was the version of snapd you were using? Is it fully up-to-date F29?

Some testing on Arch:

1. mari0 seems to work fine on with Xorg an wayland
  2. guvcview works fine with Xorg, with wayland zenity segfaults when attempting to show a message box
  3. my-awesome-app Xorg fine, wayland segfault
  4. love-brlin, Xorg fine, wayland fine

$ snap version
snap    2.37.4-2.fc29
snapd   2.37.4-2.fc29
series  16
fedora  29
kernel  4.20.14-200.fc29.x86_64

According to dnf upgrade, yes.

I noticed that this error vanished after a full reboot, the my-awsome-app.my-app-name application can be launched normally then in an X.org session (Wayland still segfaults)

I noticed that after migrating my-awesome-app to core18 base and gnome-3-28-1804 runtime the application no longer segfaults in the Wayland session: