Cleanbuild errors

has anyone run into and issue like this?

snapcraft cleanbuild
Creating snapcraft-daily-guided-bunny
Starting snapcraft-daily-guided-bunny
Setting up container with project assets
error: chown: Invalid argument
Stopping local:snapcraft-daily-guided-bunny
  • The LXD portion was a single default init (but disabled ipv6) command.
  • Regular LXD operations seem to be without issue.
  • Running on 17.04.

Is your home directory mounted via NFS or some other non-default?

What filesystem are you using? Similar to @popey’s question.

Is lxd using zfs as a backing store?

@kalikiana can you track this?

It is just the standard fare. it was originally in an alternate location, however I had moved it back to a standard path without symlinks to fix a previous snap issue.

In this case we are just talking about stock ext4 for the file system.

Thank you very much.

Oops. I missed the zfs question, no, lxd is just using dir for the file system.

Thanks!

I tried to reproduce on a fresh 17.04 x86-64, snapcraft deb, lxd deb, lxd init with defaults except none for IPv6 as you said, running as a user (not root). I’m not seeing any error here.

Are those details I emphasized in bold the same for you?

Oh, 17.04 with the ubuntu kernel? We can go over the things snapcraft calls upon lxd to see what triggers this

error: chown: Invalid argument

As a stretch, try running:

sudo apparmor_parser -r /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.*

And if that works please tell me.

Just moving some of the discussion we had in rocket onto here to keep the issue in context for future visitors.

• This is the deb package of LXD
  • I have meant to move my snapcraft, led, etc. of the snap versions. So if you think that might help - will gladly do so.
  • I ran this as my user, and not root.

So the big thing about this system, it is Active Directory integrated using powerbroker. This system that used to have the non-standard home location (since moved into an std spot). This one (system) system seems to be problematic overall with snapping. I don’t want to waste someone’s time with the system (could move to my laptop) unless you see value working through this (from a bug POV). My system is an edge case for sure. So a question of priorities for you guys.

sudo apparmor_parser -r /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.*

Resulted in:

No matches for wildcard '/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.*'.  (Tip: empty matches are allowed in 'set', 'count', 'for'.)
fish: sudo apparmor_parser -r /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.*

Dropped back to bash from fish in case that was the issue:

snap-mumble$ sudo apparmor_parser -r /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.*
[sudo] password for dkrysak: 
File /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.* not found, skipping...

wait, did you snap install lxd or apt install lxd?

Crud. It was apt, but then I moved to snap in case it helped with the issue. Bad on my part - I didn’t clarify that.

Did you execute that with the lxd snap installed? Did you try re-installing it?

For reference, on my system I get these, which in this case means “working fine”, no output would also be a good thing:

Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.check-kernel (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.check-kernel line 384): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.benchmark (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.benchmark line 384): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.daemon (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.daemon line 384): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.lxd (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.lxd line 384): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.

That I did sir!

Also with the above comment, I made earlier… do we want to continue with this? People’s times might be better spent elsewhere.

If lxd commands fail in general, please take it to the lxd forums, I bet they would be interested in solving this problem in a general way. If it only happens with snapcraft we will try and help you out from our side.

1 Like