Classic Confinement Request for the docui Snap

@reviewers
I would like to request classic confinement for my snap docui.

snappy architects:
s390x
ppc64el
arm64
armhf
amd64
i386

reason:
By making docui run in many environments, we want to increase the number of users and improve docui.

Can you please outline the reasons docui requires classic confinement (or more correctly, why docui is not able to work with strict confinement and hence why you believe it should be granted classic confinement)? I am not familiar with docui but I wonder if the docker interface should sufficient for your needs?

why docui is not able to work with strict confinement and hence why you believe it should be granted classic confinement)

By making snap classic, more snap users can easily install it, so I requested it.
I don’t need to be classic, but I think it will be easier to install if it is classic.

installing classic snaps is actually harder (on cmdline you need to pass --classic to the install command else you get an error message, in the graphical snap store you need to click away a security warning)…

“easier to install” is AFAIK not in the justification list for allowing classic confinement.

1 Like

“easier to install” is AFAIK not in the justification list for allowing classic confinement.

OK, I understand.
I’ll withdraw this request.
Thank you.

well, if there are any technical reasons why your app needs classic, you can indeed list them here …

but classic means completely insecure execution so it needs very strong reasons to be granted.