Classic confinement request for gomodrun

Hi there,

This is a request for classic confinement for gomodrun. https://github.com/dustinblackman/gomodrun/

Gomodrun is the forgotten Golang tool that executes and caches binaries included in go.mod files. This makes it easy to version cli tools in your projects such as golangci-lint and ginkgo that are versioned locked to what you specify in go.mod . Binaries are cached by go version and package version.

The TL;DR of it’s underlaying workings;

• Analyzing go projects go.mod and tools.go files.
  • Building binaries based off what exists in $GOPATH/pkg/mod source directory that’s managed by go mod.
  • Storing these binaries in a local cache within the project.

It requires classic confinements as it’s a language tool that requires the same access a developer would need to work on their projects.

Thanks.
-Dustin

It is not clear to me that gomodrun requires classic confinement - since $GOPATH is usually $HOME/go and this is accessible when the home interface is plugged by a strict mode snap, and developers usually develop code within $HOME I would expect this should work with strict mode confinement. If not, can you please outline the issues you see and hence why classic is required?

Ah, I think I misinterpreted the error and the docs along with it. You’re right! I’ll flip it back to strict on my next release. Thanks!

If you encounter errors, the snappy-debug tool can be useful way to try and diagnose solutions. Or just post them here and myself and others can try advise on ways to resolve them.