Classic confinement request: digitalize

Hello, I would like to request a classic confinement for the digitalize. Digitalize is a proprietary app that creates custom forms, displays real-time data and generates reports, with the aim of managing project data.

So it has features like:

• file upload (file picker);
  • download and show pictures;
  • edit and save pictures;
  • download and play videos (opens a 3rd party app);
  • download and open files (opens a 3rd party app);
  • open URLs on a web browser (opens a 3rd party app);
  • play audios;
  • get location.

It was not possible to run it in strict confinement, as it was having the following warnings and errors:

Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
         Using the fallback 'C' locale.

Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to parse /etc/gtk-3.0/settings.ini: Permission denied
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load a pixbuf from /org/gtk/libgtk/icons/16x16/status/image-missing.png.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /org/gtk/libgtk/icons/16x16/status /image-missing.png: Unrecognized image file format (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 3)
bail out! Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /org/gtk/libgtk/icons/16x16/status /image-missing.png: Unrecognized image file format (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 3)

And also digitalize is a private app for a limited number of registered users.

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

please check the categories at:

only apps in the “supported” category can request classic confinement, it does not look like your app fits into that list …

have you seeked help yet with the packging errors ? the errors you show seem to indicate a bunch of missing things in your packaging …

Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, I got it. In that case, I will investigate further the build of my package to fix these errors.

Thank you!

@rodigui hey,

If after your investigation you still experience issues, please note that snappy-debug can help you troubleshoot and detect missing interfaces (while staying under strict confinement which is ideal :)).

The debugging snaps doc contains other debugging resources FYI.

hey @rodigui Hope you’re able to solve the issues, let us know if you need any help to strictly confine your snap. Thanks

@rodigui, I see digitalize properly published under strict confinement so it seems you managed to solve the issues you were experiencing?

Hey @rodigui , I see that digitalize has been successfully published in several revisions including the latest one today. So, I’ll go ahead and remove this request from our review queue. If there was issues and when you have more time to respond, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks