Classic confinement for desync

desync is a data synchronization tool, it uses the casync protocol.

It can also work on block devices for both read and write operations (read: writing a disk partition), that basically needs access to block devices.

Apart from block devices, it can be used to create an index/chunks of any file on the filesystem. So I believe for it to work effectively, classic confinement is what makes sense.

hey @om26er, have you tried staying under strict confinement while plugging some interfaces that could grant accesses to the locations needed by the snap? As per the process for reviewing classic confinement, access to arbitrary files on the system is not typically a justification for granting classic.

I believe if you plug interfaces like block-devices, personal-files, system-files, home and even removable-media desync should work unless it requires some specific accesses not provided by the existing interfaces. I suggest using snappy-debug to detect any other interface needed.

Thanks!

Ping @om26er - did you have a chance to try the suggestions above?

@om26er ping, this request cannot proceed without the requested information.

@om26er since we’ve not heard back from you, we are removing this request from our review queue. When you have more time to respond, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks.