Caprine - The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly

Hi, new here.
I’m trying to get Caprine running back again (it was working) and when I try to start it in the terminal i get:

[5583:0504/160423.951631:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /snap/caprine/22/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.

but when I try to change the mode for mentioned file, it is read-only. How can I fix this?

This appears to be a known upstream issue.

This is definitely a problem with the snap: snaps are not typically allowed to ship setuid helpers and its know that some frameworks (eg, the chromium content api) can be configured for their sandbox helper to be setuid and snapcraft will (correctly) strip this during the build. An exception can be made for major browser vendors, but in this case the most expedient solution if for the snap to disable its sandbox and rely on snap confinement.