Call for testing: Wire

Call for testing wire

Description

Wire is “the simple app that lets you communicate with text, voice, pictures, music and video — on phone, tablet and desktop”

How to install

snap install wire --candidate

Requested Setups

I don’t know many people on wire, so if you use wire, please add me - you can probably guess my username (or look at the screenshot above) :slight_smile: We can then test text chat, voice and video (if you’re okay with that).

As this is a strictly confined app, it should work just fine on any distro. I have only tried it on Ubuntu 16.04 so would love to know where else it works.

5 Likes

Hey, didn’t want to leave you hanging. I’ve begun downloading it and will send you a request via the app. At some point, I did have a wire acct but I quit using it for some reason (probably because of Telegram…).

EDIT:

Snap is working well, sent you a connection request.

1 Like

seems super smooth, looks great. i’m @andy_k on wire if anyone wants to try out all the features.

1 Like

Seems to work OK under Solus 3, as others… have added you.

A bit laggy clicking around, not sure if the app normally is like that anyway, will try it on windows as well later, but wasn’t a user before.

@popey I know you’re working at updating it with some new stuff. As for the current (as of 4 Oct), the app was freezing and then, my entire session would freeze and I had to force a reboot. Anyhow, just reporting what I find.

DE: Unity7

We removed wire from the store because it wasn’t of sufficient quality. We’ll put it back once the snap has feature parity with non-snap variants. The snapcraft config is in the snapcrafters wire repo if anyone fancies taking a look.

2 Likes

LSt

We have (I think) fixed the wire snap. I’ve pushed an amd64 build to the candidate channel. I’d appreciate it if people could test!

snap install wire --candidate

I tested voice calls with an intrepid community member and it “Just Worked™”. YMMV. I’d appreciate feedback here!

2 Likes