Call for testing: ubuntu-frame, mir-kiosk, mir-test-tools, egmde

[Crossposted from https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/30290]

These snaps have been updated to the latest Mir release (2.9.0)

snap release Note
ubuntu-frame 77-mir2.9.0 issue with wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk (see below)
mir-kiosk 2.9.0-snap134 issue with wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk (see below)
mir-test-tools 2.9.0-snap122

To test, just switch to the candidate channel. For example:

snap refresh --candidate ubuntu-frame

And use as normal. Please let us know any results here.

We know of an issue with wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk that this update exposes and have made it known to the maintainer. As noted in the issue the fix is already upstream and only needs to be packaged.

If no further problems are identified we aim to promote to stable in a week. (We will delay to accommodate testing a wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk fix if that is in progress.)

wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk 2.36.7 is now available on the edge channel for amd64, armhf and arm64 architectures. This should fix the mentioned issue with Mir 2.9.0 and also brings WPE to the latest stable release.

Thank you @Saviq for the tremendous help!

1 Like

I can confirm that this works with ubuntu-frame 77-mir2.9.0. :+1:

I released amd64 and armhf revisions to stable. arm64 is still in candidate since I don’t have a machine at hand to confirm that rev71 works as intended.

@tobias I have wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk (candidate) 2.36.7 running on aarch64 (RPi400)

Thank you for the confirmation! I just promoted rev71 to arm64 stable. All architectures have WPE 2.36.7 on their stable channel now.

the stable channels of ubuntu-frame, mir-kiosk, mir-test-tools and egmde have now been updated.