Call for testing: TrackMania Nations Forever

Specs of my laptop:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4510U
  • GPU: GeForce GT 820M (nvidia-390 drivers)
    • nvidia-340 (the recommended driver) gives me a black screen with a cursor
    • I used to use Intel HD graphics by default, but it just stays frozen at splash screen since upgrading to 18.04
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Distro: Kubuntu 18.04

I’m curious about Mesa drivers with NVIDIA graphics. Will there be conflicts because of the fact those Mesa is installed in a system using NVIDIA’s proprietary drivers? According to this screenshot, I’m using Intel graphics, when I know for a fact that I’m using NVIDIA right now.

1 Like

Works great. Like crack :stuck_out_tongue: Solus Memory: RAM: total: 7.82 GiB used: 3.88 GiB (49.6%) CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-3770 bits: 64 type: MT MCP L2 cache: 8192 KiB Speed: 1744 MHz min/max: 1600/3900 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1744 2: 1892 3: 1852 4: 1736 5: 1678 6: 1654 7: 1626 8: 1668 Graphics: Card-1: NVIDIA GF108 [GeForce GT 630] driver: nvidia v: 390.59 Display: server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: nvidia resolution: 1680x1050~60Hz OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.59

2 Likes

@Wimpress snap is missing process-control adding it should fix the game crashes.

1 Like

Such a great work ! I installed it and it works smoothly !

I have 2 questions, sorry if here is not the right place for it :slight_smile:

1- How could I have it play on another monitor ? I have a multi monitor setup, and the game launches full screen on my smallest one. I tried the tmnationsforever.launcher thinking I could window the game and move it to another monitor, but it does so only inside the fullscreen wine environnement.

2- My goal was actually to install TM2 on my linux box, I used to play it on Windows and had great time in the canyon title. (Even still hosting the WTC servers, if anyone knows :slight_smile: ) My result with wine was a decent but buggy gameplay, missing road textures etc. So when I see the great result you did for TM, is there a place I could get some help having good settings working, or even if this snap could be used to install TM2 ?

Any hints welcomed !

Edit : I had overlooked the readme at https://github.com/snapcrafters/tmnationsforever that does provide infos for n°2…Will try to make sense of what is written there, is there any irc/telegram/discord with people that could reply informal questions ?