One feature of this snapcraft release is the addition of the gnome-3-34 extension. This makes it easier to snap gnome apps as well as providing them with newer libraries (commonly used in gnome apps) than are available in the core18 base snap. A list of the newer libraries can be found in the gnome-3-34 build snap, which is provided to all parts (in a yaml that use the gnome-3-34 extension) at build time.
To try out this extension:
- Remove the following plugs (note your app may need other plugs not listed here) since they are automatically provided:
- Remove these app plugs (automatically provided):
plugs: [ desktop, desktop-legacy, gsettings, wayland, x11 ]
- Remove any part that used the desktop helpers scripts.
- Add the extension in the app section like this example:
+ extensions: [gnome-3-34]
command: desktop-launch tali
- Change how the app is run like this example:
- command: desktop-launch tali
+ command: usr/bin/tali
- Remove any build-packages that are listed in the build snap.
Build and enjoy!