Call for testing Signal Desktop Updates

it appears signal has now released version 5.22

Thanks for letting me know! This is now in stable, with some delay.

1 Like

awesome thanks :ok_hand:

Hi @galgalesh , there have been many new releases for signal-desktop. Can you trigger a new build? Thanks!

Done! Let me know once you’ve tested it so I can release it to stable.

Thanks! The latest version on edge works fine for me.

@galgalesh, Signal has release new builds, could you trigger a new build? I will be testing the new release, if you need me to. I also wanted to ask if there are any plans to create a Github Issue to ask the Signal Devs to take over the snap.

Thanks!

Done, latest version should be in edge

@galgalesh Connecting works and sending and receiving messages does too. Accessing submenus does not work and trying to record a messages promts an empty “Allow Acess” window which crashes the app.

Ubuntu 21.10 (Wayland) AMD Ryzen 7 4800H (using integrated gpu)

Can you try the latest version? This seems to work fine for me. If the issue persists, can you try it on xorg?

And are you having the same issues with the version in stable?

Hey, sorry for no response. I don’t have snap installed on my current system anymore, so I won’t be able to help testing.

Hi everyone!

We just ported signal-desktop to core22. The snap is a bit smaller and should be a bit more stable as it’s now using the latest desktop integration.

Since this is a pretty big change, I’d like some more people testing this. You can find this version in the edge channel: snap refresh signal-desktop --edge.

It would be a great help if you could go through one or more of the steps in the testplan and report whether everything works.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes