ONLYOFFICE Document Server comprises web-based open-source collaborative editors for text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations for integration with popular storage services like Nextcloud, ownCloud, Seafile, etc.
With ONLYOFFICE Document Server you can:
- work with all popular formats - DOCX, ODT, RTF, TXT, PDF, HTML, EPUB, XPS, DjVu, XLS, XLSX, ODS, CSV, PPT, PPTX, ODP, FODS, FODT, FODP;
- view, create and edit documents of any size and complexity;
- share documents providing different access rights: full access, view only, comment, review, form filling,
- co-author documents in real time using Fast or Strict co-editing mode, review and track changes, comment, and chat,
- view version history, restore the previous version if needed,
- extend editing capabilities with the pre-installed plugin set (e.g. insert special symbols, YouTube videos, Highlight code and more).
- automate your routine activities with macros.
Currently, the interface of the editors is available in 21 languages including English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Czech, Slovak, Brazilian Portuguese; spellchecker is available for 43 languages.
To integrate online editors with web services, you can use ready-to-use connectors developed by ONLYOFFICE team (Nextcloud, ownCloud, Alfresco, Confluence, SharePoint, Liferay) or third-party developers (eXo, xWiki, PowerFolder, Moodle, HumHub, Pydio, Seafile).
How to install
The current version requires the PostgreSQL version included in your version of Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install postgresql
Once installed, create the PostgreSQL database and user. The created database must have onlyoffice both for user and password:
sudo -i -u postgres psql -c "CREATE DATABASE onlyoffice;" sudo -i -u postgres psql -c "CREATE USER onlyoffice WITH password 'onlyoffice';" sudo -i -u postgres psql -c "GRANT ALL privileges ON DATABASE onlyoffice TO onlyoffice;"
Run the following commands to configure the database:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ONLYOFFICE/server/master/schema/postgresql/createdb.sql export PGPASSWORD=onlyoffice psql -hlocalhost -Uonlyoffice -d onlyoffice -f createdb.sql -w
Finally install ONLYOFFICE Document Server:
snap install onlyoffice-ds --beta
Known bugs and issues on ONLYOFFICE Document Server in general are tracked on GitHub: https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/DocumentServer/issues.
Please report any issues you find out while testing this snap on GitHub: https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/snap-documentserver/issues, or in this thread.