Call for testing: Notepadqq

snap install notepadqq

A notepad++ alternative for linux.

In Fedora, I received a couple of messages still below, but application appears to work correctly.

Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

Missing icon: “go-previous”
Missing icon: “go-next”

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t appear to be working anymore. :frowning: I changed it from devmode to strict and devel to stable and once installed, it just hangs.

Not sure what happened, but I’ll have to work on it tomorrow.

Yep It does not work though here is log I captured while testing it under ubuntu 16.04 should help.

= Seccomp =
Time: Feb 13 09:44:18
Log: auid=4294967295 uid=1000 gid=1000 ses=4294967295 pid=17899 comm="notepadqq-bin" exe="/snap/notepadqq/43/usr/local/lib/notepadqq/notepadqq-bin" sig=31 arch=c000003e 50(listen) compat=0 ip=0x7f51ca117217 code=0x0
Syscall: listen
Suggestion:
* add one of 'browser-support, desktop-legacy, libvirt, network-bind' to 'plugs'

Also app icon is not showing and this should be fixed by adding full path to the icon file.

I had these on AppImage of notepadqq should be harmless.

Thanks for creating snap.

OK, should be ready to go now. I am still not getting the icon on Solus, but it does work on Fedora.
Please test it if you can.

Thanks,

Great work now it is working fine but I’m having weird issue it is showing two main menus one on app and other on panel it should be showing only in panel and hide app one like appimage of same app does and also app icon is missing.

Some denials

= AppArmor =
Time: Feb 14 07:56:43
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="dbus_method_call"  bus="system" path="/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager" interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="GetAll" mask="send" name="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" pid=9670 label="snap.notepadqq.notepadqq" peer_pid=831 peer_label="unconfined"
DBus access
Suggestion:
* try adding 'network-manager' to 'plugs'

= AppArmor =
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="dbus_method_call"  bus="system" path="/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager" interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" member="GetDevices" mask="send" name="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" pid=9670 label="snap.notepadqq.notepadqq" peer_pid=831 peer_label="unconfined"
DBus access
Suggestion:

= AppArmor =
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="dbus_method_call"  bus="system" path="/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings" interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Settings" member="ListConnections" mask="send" name="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" pid=9670 label="snap.notepadqq.notepadqq" peer_pid=831 peer_label="unconfined"
DBus access
Suggestion:

Terminal log

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
QNetworkManagerInterface::QNetworkManagerInterface(QObject*) propsReply "An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type=\"method_call\", sender=\":1.87\" (uid=1000 pid=9670 comm=\"/snap/notepadqq/58/usr/local/lib/notepadqq/notepad\") interface=\"org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties\" member=\"GetAll\" error name=\"(unset)\" requested_reply=\"0\" destination=\"org.freedesktop.NetworkManager\" (uid=0 pid=831 comm=\"/usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon \")"
QNetworkManagerInterface::QNetworkManagerInterface(QObject*) nmReply "An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type=\"method_call\", sender=\":1.87\" (uid=1000 pid=9670 comm=\"/snap/notepadqq/58/usr/local/lib/notepadqq/notepad\") interface=\"org.freedesktop.NetworkManager\" member=\"GetDevices\" error name=\"(unset)\" requested_reply=\"0\" destination=\"org.freedesktop.NetworkManager\" (uid=0 pid=831 comm=\"/usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon \")"
"Object path cannot be empty"
Missing icon:  "go-previous"
Missing icon:  "go-next"
Missing icon:  "go-next"
Missing icon:  "go-previous"
LibThai: Fail to open dictionary at '/usr/share/libthai/thbrk.tri'.

OK, I added the modules that failed to load and once I installed network-manager to plugs and connected it manually, the NetworkManager errors go away. If you know of a way to do this automatically, that would be awesome.

$ sudo snap connect notepadqq:network-manager :network-manager

Its pretty much OK now and for showing two main menu issue on unity desktop I had to hide in app menu to show only global menu on panel and only thing missing is app icon also you should add --edge to install instructions as the snap is on edge channel.

notepadqq

OK, I wonder why the icon is still not showing up for you. I have Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my laptop and have the icon and have had it since the changes yesterday. I don’t have any double menu thing either, not sure why you are seeing that. When I change themes, sometimes I get the Missing icon messages and sometimes I don’t. This is my first snap so I’ve learned a lot and still have a lot to learn. :slight_smile:

I have added several themes that I think are the defaults but is it SOP to add all themes? Or, which ones are most important? I do appreciate all your help. Here is my yaml file if you see a theme I should add, let me know.

https://github.com/fefeh1/notepadqq/blob/master/snapcraft.yaml