Thanks to @bashfulrobot for working on a Mumble snap, it’s now in the store candidate channel, ready for testing!
Mumble is a popular low latency VOIP client.
How to install
snap install mumble --candidate
How to run
Search for the familiar Mumble icon in your desktop launcher, or
snap run mumble or
I’ve done some basic testing on Ubuntu 17.10 but I’m not an audio expert so can’t necessarily tell if the audio quality is as expected, or that all possible codecs are supported.
I’m also keen to hear feedback about
- Using the snap on older releases
- Connecting to different Mumble servers, which use a variety of codecs and sample rates
- Selecting the correct input and output devices
- Setting and using the push-to-talk
- Configuring and using voice activated audio
If you are already a Mumble user, then you can copy your host Mumble config into the snap directory in order to have your favourites all setup. Something like this one-off:-
sudo snap install mumble --candidate
mkdir -p ~/snap/mumble/current/.config
cp -a ~/.config/Mumble ~/snap/mumble/current/.config
cp -a ~/.local/share/data/Mumble/Mumble ~/snap/mumble/current/.local/share/data/Mumble
snap run mumble
Please report any issues with the snap on this thread, here on the forum.