Call for testing Minecraft

digs straight up and dies from lava pouring back down the hole

Not sure if this thread is still active, but on bionic with NVidia graphics hardware, the game fails to start in the snap:

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not choose GLX13 config
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.initDefaultPeerInfo(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.(LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.java:61)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createPeerInfo(LinuxDisplay.java:828)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.DrawableGL.setPixelFormat(DrawableGL.java:61)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:846)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
at bib.at(SourceFile:635)
at bib.aq(SourceFile:458)
at bib.a(SourceFile:404)

It’s probably just something missing from the java in the snap, since the Minecraft jar runs fine with the OpenJDK 1.8.0 installation via apt.

The snap works great on my AMD/Radeon system though, so it might be NVidia specific too.

Nvidia acceleration is currently broken in snaps on bionic. A fix is coming.

You can use the fix today, just “snap refresh core --beta” and play away!

@popey would it be evil possible to ship Minecraft Pi as the armhf version of this snap?

Huh. I guess that’s possible, yeah. I don’t have any armhf devices with displays I can easily test on right now. If someone else made a yaml and could test, I could build the snap and push to the store under this name?

Thanks for a great work. Ubuntu 17.10 with Nvidia driver works fine.
Is it possible to increase java memory limits -Xmx1G -Xmn128M?
I tried to play with environment variables with no success.

Oh, I’ve just found it. It’s in the launcher profile settings.

My config, 11 and current folders are empty! What can I do?

I can play 1.13 on both Ubuntu 18.04 and Solus 3. But if i try to play 1.12.2 it crashes on both Ubuntu and Solus.

I have run Minecraft before with no problem but today when I wanted to run it:
snap run minecraft
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
what(): locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted (core dumped)

Running ubunut 18.04. Been working fine until a couple of days ago when I no longer could view my skin in game. Checking the console i receive this message:
Couldn’t look up profile properties for com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@59802afd[id=thisisnotmyid,name=thisisnotmyname,properties={},legacy=false]
com.mojang.authlib.exceptions.AuthenticationUnavailableException: Cannot contact authentication server

When I try the standalone launcher I can see my skin as expected and no message. I found this page when I was looking around:
https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/solved-server-can-not-reach-mojang-authentication-servers.145023/
Maybe it’s the same issue here?

I’ve found a bug

When attempting to connect to minecraft realms, I get this error in the realms window
Unexpected error: java.securityInvalidAlgorithmParameterException

system is an Intel Nuc: nuc5ppyh (Yes, it’s running minecraft perfectly well)
OS is Ubuntu 18.04, current as of 2018-08-08
Problem didn’t occur 3 weeks ago, but is occurring now.

Is there a bug tracker or git repo where I can help?

This app is now removed from the store. Is there a public explanation available why this is removed? Is there any work being done to get an official snap from Mojang?

We don’t have a public explanation, no. Sorry. I’d rather not reveal private conversations, but I don’t envisage us pushing a Minecraft snap any time soon.

Thanks for the reply!

I created a feature request here to ask Mojang to support the Snap Store. https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360047928651-Add-Minecraft-Launcher-to-the-Snap-Store