Call for testing: libreoffice 6.0.3

Call for testing: libreoffice 6.0.3

Description

LibreOffice is a free and open source office suite, developed by The Document Foundation. The LibreOffice suite comprises programs for word processing, the creation and editing of spreadsheets, slideshows, diagrams and drawings, working with databases, and composing mathematical formulae.

This is a minor update, currently in release candidate phase (RC2).

lo6032

How to install

snap install libreoffice --candidate

or

snap refresh libreoffice --candidate

Note that the snap can coexist with the ubuntu packages. If you wish to remove the ubuntu packages to use solely the snap, you can do:

sudo apt remove “libreoffice*”
sudo apt autoremove

Requested Setups

At the moment that version of the snap is available for amd64 processors only. It is expected to work on any linux distribution that supports snaps, including Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 17.10 and 18.04.

Known issues

Known bugs are tracked on launchpad.

Specific Tests

I’m interested in your feedback on any tasks you perform using all the apps in the libreoffice suite.
Please report any issues you encounter while testing that version in this thread. Thanks!

Revision 59, which I just pushed to the candidate channel, has working ibus support (tested with ibus-cangjie). Everyone interested, please give it a try and report here whether this works as expected.

Hi!, i’m using libreoffice 6.0.3.2 (59) and i have set the default app to open pptx and docx to the libreoffice snap, and when open a pptx attachment from thunderbird complains that the file don’t exist. Maybe it’s a file permission
Captura de pantalla de 2018-04-05 17-44-34

Also, when open a document (pptx) from $HOME, the file opens only for reading not to edit.
Captura de pantalla de 2018-04-05 17-51-16

The issue with opening attachments from thunderbird is know and discussed in that thread.

The issue with opening a file directly under $HOME is that libreoffice wants to create a dot-file under $HOME for locking, which isn’t permitted by the home plug. It works in any subdirectory though (try to move that pptx file under $HOME/Documentos for example).

1 Like

Ok sorry, i didn’t see the problems in the bug list and didn’t check other threads in this site…

That’s alright, if in doubt please do not hesitate to raise issues here on the forum, we’d rather have issues reported twice than never.

2 Likes

I think I’ve been tracking candidate at least from when 6.0.3 was released to candidate and I’ve noticed no regressions :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

I have now promoted 6.0.3.2 (revision 59) to the stable channel. Enjoy!

After this update I can use only Deja Vu and Ubuntu fonts, but in previous version I used all system fonts. Can you fix this?

I am not seeing that here. This sounds like the desktop interface is not connected, somehow. Can you run the following command in a terminal and share the output here:

snap interfaces | grep libreoffice

Sorry, but now I have another problem. Right now I updated Ubuntu into 18.04 Beta and this snap isn’t working at all. When I try run it from terminal I see the message /tmp/snap.rootfs_c7oK6Q/var/lib/snapd/lib/vulkan/icd.d: Permission denied

That looks similar to the issue discussed in that other thread.
What version is the core snap at?

snap info core

After update of ubuntu-core everything is working normal. Snap packages are on the long way for comfortable use.:upside_down_face:

jorge@jorge-Lenovo-ideapad-110-15ISK:~$ snap run libreoffice.writer
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “unity-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”

(soffice:4301): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: Permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2)

same results with Impress

@oSoMoN
I am currently testing version 6.0.3.2 (59). I have the same issue as with all previous versions - am not able to switch input methods using fcitx + mozc.

Currently the snap presents little value to CJK language users. It would be really helpful if someone added this functionality