Call for testing: libreoffice 6.0.2

Call for testing: libreoffice 6.0.2

Description

LibreOffice is a free and open source office suite, developed by The Document Foundation. The LibreOffice suite comprises programs for word processing, the creation and editing of spreadsheets, slideshows, diagrams and drawings, working with databases, and composing mathematical formulae.

This is a minor update, currently in release candidate phase (final release planned for next week).

lo602

How to install

snap install libreoffice --candidate

or

snap refresh libreoffice --candidate

Note that the snap can coexist with the ubuntu packages. If you wish to remove the ubuntu packages to use solely the snap, you can do:

sudo apt remove “libreoffice*”
sudo apt autoremove

Requested Setups

At the moment that version of the snap is available for amd64 processors only. It is expected to work on any linux distribution that supports snaps, including Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 and 18.04.

Known issues

Known bugs are tracked on launchpad.

Specific Tests

I’m interested in your feedback on any tasks you perform using all the apps in the libreoffice suite.
Please report any issues you encounter while testing that version in this thread. Thanks!

Greetings, I’m in linuxmint 18.3, 64 bits, cinnamon. I tried to insert a video with mp4 extension on a slide. The fact is that it inserts it, but as an audio, you can not visualize the video, but the audio. I did the test with libreoffice appimage and it did not present any problem, the video is loaded and it plays well.
By the way when I insert an audio in the slide not work either

The audio clip issue is known, it’s bug #1752166.
And I’m actually seeing the same sort of GStreamer errors when inserting a video clip, so it’s very likely the same issue.

I have published a new revision (#54) in the candidate channel that fixes bug #17521663. Please test and report!

I did a little test when running it through the terminal and after 10 seconds it closed unexpectedly
I leave a .txt with what I saw in the terminal
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp7rtibfrqmq8dm/LibreOffice%20Math%20Error.txt?dl=0

Thanks @jor1196. That’s a crash, I haven’t observed it myself or seen it reported before. I am updating my xenial VM to see if I can reproduce it.

Can you reliably reproduce the crash, or was it a one-off? Does it happen only with libreoffice.math, or other apps in the suite too?

Can you upgrade to the version in the candidate channel and see if that fixes the crash, by any chance?

I can reliably observe the crash in an up-to-date 16.04 VM, when running libreoffice.math just after installing the snap. Both 6.0.1.1 and 6.0.2.1 are affected. It seems to crash only the first time it’s launched. I will file a bug in launchpad to track the issue and will investigate further.

1 Like

Now tracked by bug #1755178.

1 Like

And I just pushed a new revision to the candidate channel that fixes the crash with libreoffice.math in 16.04.

@jor1196, can you please update and confirm the crash is gone?

No problem

Thanks @jor1196 for the feedback!

thanks to you Now to try Firefox :wink:

Libreoffice 6.0.2 has just been promoted to the stable channel. Thanks everyone for testing and the feedback!

If you encounter issues in the stable version, feel free to report them here or file a bug on Launchpad.

Hi, I reported an issue with the impress LO about strange behavier Windows when I manipulate a scroll bar when a video is running with LO. Flatpak versión and is the same with Snap, see here https://github.com/flathub/org.libreoffice.LibreOffice/issues/21#issuecomment-372940611

This appears to be upstream bug 111850.

Sorry, but what that means? . :astonished:

It means that it’s a known bug in libreoffice when built against gtk3, and it doesn’t affect only the snap package. « Upstream » is the official libreoffice project, and the bug is being tracked there.

Well, thanks for answer, :blush: