Call for testing: libreoffice 5.4.4

Call for testing: libreoffice 5.4.4

Description

LibreOffice is a free and open source office suite, developed by The Document Foundation. The LibreOffice suite comprises programs for word processing, the creation and editing of spreadsheets, slideshows, diagrams and drawings, working with databases, and composing mathematical formulae.

lo-snap

How to install

snap install libreoffice --candidate

or

snap refresh libreoffice --candidate

Note that the snap can coexist with the ubuntu packages. If you wish to remove the ubuntu packages to use solely the snap, you can do:

sudo apt remove “libreoffice*”
sudo apt autoremove

Requested Setups

At the moment that version of the snap is available for amd64 processors only. It is expected to work on any linux distribution that supports snaps, including on Wayland where previously it didn’t work.

Notes

This revision is a minor update from the one currently in the stable channel (5.4.3). Unnecessary files have been trimmed, the resulting snap is a tad slimmer.

Known issues

Known bugs are tracked on launchpad.

Specific Tests

I’m interested in your feedback on any tasks you perform using all the apps in the libreoffice suite.
Please report any issues you encounter while testing that version in this thread. Thanks!

2 Likes

I think I upgraded to this a while ago (I’m tracking candidate) and haven’t seen any regressions as far as I’m aware.

Thanks for the heads up @Ads20000.
I wasn’t expecting much in terms of feedback as that’s a minor update anyway, so I’ll just go ahead and promote 5.4.4 to stable.

1 Like