Call for testing: gitkraken

@mmtrt How has testing been going? Any plans to push to the stable channel for wider reach?

I ran it but it was blinking badly. I will try on some more machines, maybe it was caused by virtualisation.

I used it on 18.04 and had no flickering. Using nvidia binary driver.

I was using it on my 5K display. When it is not maximised it doesn’t flicker.

Pretty much using it since posted this thread here for git and I did not faced any problem apart from users are posting here and for debugging I have not done that much any but I had these denials from fresh install to login account only time.

= AppArmor =
Time: Feb 16 14:46:00
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="dbus_method_call"  bus="system" path="/" interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager" member="GetManagedObjects" mask="send" name="org.bluez" pid=15011 label="snap.gitkraken.gitkraken" peer_pid=1197 peer_label="unconfined"
DBus access

= AppArmor =
Time: Feb 16 14:46:00
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.gitkraken.gitkraken" name="/sys/devices/system/memory/block_size_bytes" pid=15572 comm="gitkraken" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
File: /sys/devices/system/memory/block_size_bytes (read)
Suggestion:
* adjust program to not access '/sys/devices/system/memory/block_size_bytes'

= AppArmor =
Time: Feb 16 14:46:09
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="exec" profile="snap.gitkraken.gitkraken" name="/sbin/ifconfig" pid=15757 comm="sh" requested_mask="x" denied_mask="x" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
File: /sbin/ifconfig (exec)
Suggestions:
* adjust snap to ship 'ifconfig'
* adjust program to use relative paths if the snap already ships 'ifconfig'

= AppArmor =
Time: Feb 16 14:46:09
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="exec" profile="snap.gitkraken.gitkraken" name="/bin/ip" pid=15758 comm="sh" requested_mask="x" denied_mask="x" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
File: /bin/ip (exec)
Suggestions:
* adjust snap to ship 'ip'
* adjust program to use relative paths if the snap already ships 'ip'

= AppArmor =
Time: Feb 16 14:46:16
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="dbus_signal"  bus="session" path="/org/gtk/gio/DesktopAppInfo" interface="org.gtk.gio.DesktopAppInfo" member="Launched" mask="send" name="org.freedesktop.DBus" pid=15832 label="snap.gitkraken.gitkraken" peer_pid=1857 peer_label="unconfined"
DBus access

= AppArmor =
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="dbus_signal"  bus="session" path="/org/gtk/gio/DesktopAppInfo" interface="org.gtk.gio.DesktopAppInfo" member="Launched" mask="send" name="org.freedesktop.DBus" pid=15832 label="snap.gitkraken.gitkraken" peer_pid=1910 peer_label="unconfined"
DBus access

= AppArmor =
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="dbus_signal"  bus="session" path="/org/gtk/gio/DesktopAppInfo" interface="org.gtk.gio.DesktopAppInfo" member="Launched" mask="send" name="org.freedesktop.DBus" pid=15832 label="snap.gitkraken.gitkraken" peer_pid=2978 peer_label="unconfined"
DBus access

it seems like login account is broken on kde and it could be as well broken on xfce & mate not tested these.

/snap/gitkraken/8/usr/bin/xdg-open: 566: /snap/gitkraken/8/usr/bin/xdg-open: kde-open5: not found

That sounds like the snap is pulling in xdg-open as part of stage-packages or similar. If the snap didn’t do that, it would use xdg-open from core, which is a special xdg-open to call out to snap userd so it will launch the application on the snap’s behalf.

1 Like

Indeed true removing xdg-utils stage-package from snap solves that issue and I can login again.

App updated to 3.4.0

snap is now available in stable channel.

1 Like

This snap is picked up by upstream developers so it is now released by Axosoft. It has been good 8 months since I released this snap.

Continue getting the updates of this snap

snap remove gitkraken
snap install gitkraken

Thanks
TR

1 Like

How are others dealing with their ssh keys for auth? Moving them out of their .ssh folder sicne the snap cannot acces dotfile folder?

Thank you.

EDIT - yes I could change my origin URL to use HTTPS, but would like to be able to maintain current workflow compatibility.

I think it can not access without snap being classic.

So back in the day when I added change to copy over ssh environment to snap home dir but that was only working because host os had partial snap confinement.
https://github.com/mmtrt/gitkraken/commit/3275f477515bdeafb58b08e71d9daafced4de380

Yeah, I may just stick with the regular package then to avoid having functionality reduced.

Thank you.

Hi @mmtrt ,
Can you confirm gitkraken is not working with wayland?
Just installed it and it wont start. Tested It on my main power-rig and it fires right up which uses proprietary Nvidia drivers and x11 instead of wayland. Problem is, a lot of big distros ship with wayland, if it’s really the case maybe it’s worth the effort to fix it.
Here is my Thread about it: Threadlink .
A fix would be really appreciated! It’s an awesome Tool!!!
Greetings!

it should actually set:

app:
  command: ....
  environment:
    DISABLE_WAYLAND: 1

in its snapcraft.yaml to make sure it falls back to XWayland

1 Like

The gitkraken snap is owned by upstream now. Therefore @mmtrt isn’t the right person to ask for support. See the gitkraken support link in the snap information:

$ snap info gitkraken
name:      gitkraken
summary:   For repo management, in-app code editing & issue tracking.
publisher: gitkraken✓
license:   Proprietary
1 Like

@lucyllewy Problem is they don’t answer to non “pro” users :confused: sad. But thanks for information!!

This was the support answer:

Due to the volume of support requests we get, we only guarantee responses to our Pro users. Please know we value your feedback, and we do our best to review it all!

@ogra I don’t have knowledge about snap creating but that should set that the snap tells the environment not to use wayland right?

exactly … you can propose it as a fix to the guys …

1 Like

I would try, if they just let me :sweat_smile: