Bus Error

Hello.
I built my first snap.
Testing for SNAP, I discovered some problems:

1. Slow network. A program built from source codes synchronizes blocks faster than snap packages.
  2. The work of the snap package ends in an error - Bus Error.
https://i.postimg.cc/5y5XNKBH/Screenshot-20190121-171753.png

Is the snap version using same library versions as the non-snap one?

Is the non snap version using hardware acceleration to calculate hashes?

You should use a debugger to find out what’s causing this.

Hello! Thank you for responding.

I assume that yes, I do not know how to check it.

Absolutely not

Is there any specificity for snap?

Which snap is this?

You need to start gdb through a wrapper that is included in snapd package. Execute snap run --gdb <snap>.<app>. Then it’s just the regular gdb. Grab a backtrace when bus error pops up.

Thread 6 "vizd" received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
[Switching to LWP 19945]
0x0000000000c2b114 in boost::multi_index::detail::ordered_index_node_impl<boost::interprocess::allocator<char, boost::interprocess::segment_manager<char, boost::interprocess::rbtree_best_fit<boost::interprocess::mutex_family, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<void, long, unsigned long, 0ul>, 0ul>, boost::interprocess::iset_index> > >::rebalance_for_erase(boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<boost::multi_index::detail::ordered_index_node_impl<boost::interprocess::allocator<char, boost::interprocess::segment_manager<char, boost::interprocess::rbtree_best_fit<boost::interprocess::mutex_family, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<void, long, unsigned long, 0ul>, 0ul>, boost::interprocess::iset_index> > >, long, unsigned long, 0ul>, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<boost::multi_index::detail::ordered_index_node_impl<boost::interprocess::allocator<char, boost::interprocess::segment_manager<char, boost::interprocess::rbtree_best_fit<boost::interprocess::mutex_family, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<void, long, unsigned long, 0ul>, 0ul>, boost::interprocess::iset_index> > >, long, unsigned long, 0ul>&, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<boost::multi_index::detail::ordered_index_node_impl<boost::interprocess::allocator<char, boost::interprocess::segment_manager<char, boost::interprocess::rbtree_best_fit<boost::interprocess::mutex_family, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<void, long, unsigned long, 0ul>, 0ul>, boost::interprocess::iset_index> > >, long, unsigned long, 0ul>&, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<boost::multi_index::detail::ordered_index_node_impl<boost::interprocess::allocator<char, boost::interprocess::segment_manager<char, boost::interprocess::rbtree_best_fit<boost::interprocess::mutex_family, boost::interprocess::offset_ptr<void, long, unsigned long, 0ul>, 0ul>, boost::interprocess::iset_index> > >, long, unsigned long, 0ul>&) ()
(gdb)

Oh, what do i do with it now? =)))

I think you should collect the relevant information and get in touch with upstream. SIGBUS is ver rare on x86[_64] and if it happens, there’s usually something non obvious going on.

Just to be on the safe side. Can you check if there are any apparmor denials in dmesg log?

Just this

[230935.824370] audit: type=1326 audit(1548297172.367:8377): auid=1000 uid=0 gid=0 ses=3 pid=19933 comm="vizd" exe="/snap/vizd/x5/bin/vizd" sig=0 arch=c000003e syscall=43 compat=0 ip=0x7fbaefe1976d code=0x7ffc0000

$ scmp_sys_resolver 43
accept

Seems you likely need to plugs the network-bind interface.