Becoming a verified developer

Hi,

Wanted to know what the process was to become a verified publisher? The last answers I saw are dated from Sep’ 18. Is there any update on that front or is there still no process in place?

Thanks!

There is no update further to my previous responses, no.

3 Likes

Hi @popey ,

I’m wondering if there has been a change on this since @timoanzalone asked 6 months ago?

If not, I was wondering how did the snaps that currently have “Verified account” icons get those? Is it based on personal contact with Ubuntu staff members?

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Hey @KelvinAngstrom - thanks for publishing Angstrom in the store. It looks great. Glad to hear the process was smooth.

We used a number of factors in deciding which of the original set got the badge, but it wasn’t super scalable. We do verify a few here and there on an ad-hoc basis, but it’s not a documented process yet, sorry.

We recently had a session discussing how we might go about future developer verification. Nothing set in stone yet, plans are still evolving, but it’s on our radar.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @popey. I’ll keep an eye out on the forum here for any updates.

In the meantime if you are verifying any manually soon, I’d be more than happy to jump on a call with you or send IDs. You and I have actually spoken in the past (about three years ago I think).

2 Likes