Aws-cli snap out of date

The most recent version of aws-cli is 1.18.177 and the latest in the deb is 1.18.69-1ubuntu0.20.04.1 (for 20.04). But the snap is a few versions behind at 1.15.58. I know that snaps are maintained by manufacturers but this is a pretty important one.

How do we get this snap updated to something newer without installing from edge (which ironically is at 1.18.43 which is less than the deb.

Thanks.

1 Like

I believe you should file a ticket on Amazon; try this link, available on Snap listing page.

So I understand that this model shifts package support “upstream” and that’s seen as a good thing. But It’s been quite a while and I still can’t seem to get traction on an update about the issue. Is it possible to “take over” the namespace and publish an up to date package?

As Amazon is a verified publisher it is not likely that one can take over their namespace, try escalating the issue further.

Given that they’re a verified publisher is there someway that Snap folk (Snappers?) can reach out to whomever verified it there and ask for an update?

1 Like