Automatic aliases for ldc2 snap

I’d like to request 3 automatic aliases for the ldc2 snap package, corresponding to the 3 extra commands exposed by the snap: ldmd2, ldc-profdata and ldc-prune-cache.

Requested here in accordance with guidance given in:

In line with points raised here:

Let me know if any more info is required/would be useful.

Based on https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc2.snap/blob/1.2/snap/snapcraft.yaml, the three aliases are for:

• ldmd2
  • ldc-profdata
  • ldc-prune-cache

All of these commands seem reasonable for the ldc2 snap. Note, they exist as commands in the ‘ldc’ deb in the Ubuntu archive. Considering the described workflow for D tooling, granting the alias seems very sensible. Furthermore, the ldc2 snap is an officially maintained snap from ldc upstream.

+1

@joseph.wakeling - can you give either give the store URL for the snap or give the name and publisher of the snap?

Not sure what you mean by the store URL, but the snap name is ldc2 and the publisher is ldc.

Thanks very much for the approval! :slight_smile:

Note, I expect this to be approved, but I’m following (the as of now not approved) voting procedures in Process for reviewing aliases, auto-connections and track requests and as such, I only voted to approve. Pedantic, I know, but I just want to make sure your expectations align with what’s happening in our process atm.

All good. I appreciate both the process and the clarity! :slight_smile:

+1 as well, both on the process and on the requested aliases.

FYI, the procedures are finalized in Process for reviewing aliases, auto-connections and track requests. Once a week has passed (in this case on Monday), we’ll tally the votes and perform any actions for this request.

The voting period has expired. Performing the tally:

2 votes for
0 votes against
0 votes abstained

Granted use of the aliases to https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/dev/snaps/6805/ (ldc2 snap from ldc publisher). This is now live in the store.

Thanks everyone – the support is really appreciated! :slight_smile:

FYI, I’ve been invited to write an entry for the official blog of the D programming language about this and the other D-related snaps published recently.

One question: is it planned to have official aliases listed in the snap dashboard? I don’t see any details of them there.

Maybe, but doesn’t feel so important to be honest. Having great access to which snaps are available seems like a priority.