Autoconnect to content snap webkitgtk for snap foliate

Please allow the foliate snap to auto-connect to the content snap webkitgtk. On behalf of foliate dev:

I am also a collaborator of that snap. Kindly grant us the auto connect.

Hi, this is the first time I have heard of the webkitgtk content snap - this sounds like a useful addition.

Is this something that you expect to maintain going forward? Content snaps are expected to provide a stable interface to other snaps which plug that content interface (ie ABI stability etc). Are you able to commit to that?

Also is this something that can be rolled into the existing gnome sdk content snaps?

1 Like

Hello sir @alexmurray. First of all thanks for the reply.

Yes, sir, just two days ago, I was succesful to create a sdk and a content snap of webkitgtk.

I can, but, I’d like to do so, under someone from the snap admin team. Currently, I worked for this with @kenvandine sir. I’d really love to work with him

Currently, I have two plans on this. The first plan can only be executed if this bug is fixable, most probably a snapcraft bug.

The Bug

Cannot install all requested build packages: autoconf, autoconf-archive, automake, autopoint, bison, bubblewrap, cargo, check, clang, cmake, dbus, doxygen, flex, g++, gcc, gettext, gir1.2-glib-2.0, git, gperf, gtk-doc-tools, help2man, icu-devtools, iso-codes, itstool, libasound2-dev, libavif-dev, libayatana-indicator-dev, libayatana-indicator3-dev, libboost1.74-dev, libbrotli-dev, libcolord-dev, libcups2-dev, libcurl4-gnutls-dev, libcurl4-openssl-dev, libdav1d-dev, libdbus-1-dev, libdbusmenu-glib-dev, libdbusmenu-gtk3-dev, libdrm-dev, libegl1-mesa-dev, libenchant-2-dev, libepoxy-dev, libevdev-dev, libfontconfig1-dev, libfreetype-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libgav1-dev, libgbm-dev, libgcrypt20-dev, libghc-text-icu-dev, libghc-text-icu-prof, libgl1-mesa-dev, libgles2-mesa-dev, libglx-dev, libgraphite2-dev, libgraphviz-dev, libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev, libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev, libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0-dev, libgstreamer1.0-dev, libgudev-1.0-dev, libhyphen-dev, libicu-dev, libicu-le-hb-dev, libidn2-0-dev, libisocodes-dev, libjpeg-dev, libkrb5-dev, liblcms2-dev, liblzo2-dev, libmanette-0.2-dev, libmount-dev, libmozjs-91-dev, libmtdev-dev, libnghttp2-dev, libnss3-dev, libopengl-dev, libopenjp2-7-dev, libpcre2-dev, libpng-dev, libpulse-dev, libseccomp-dev, libsecret-1-dev, libsigc+±2.0-dev, libsm-dev, libsoup-3.0-dev, libsqlite3-dev, libtasn1-6-dev, libtdb-dev, libthai-dev, libtiff-dev, libtool, libudev-dev, libunistring-dev, libvorbis-dev, libwebp-dev, libwoff-dev, libwpe-1.0-dev, libwpebackend-fdo-1.0-dev, libx11-dev, libxcb-dri3-dev, libxcb-render0-dev, libxcb-shm0-dev, libxcb1-dev, libxcomposite-dev, libxcursor-dev, libxdamage-dev, libxext-dev, libxfixes-dev, libxft-dev, libxi-dev, libxinerama-dev, libxkbcommon-dev, libxkbfile-dev, libxml-parser-perl, libxml2-dev, libxml2-utils, libxrandr-dev, libxrender-dev, libxslt1-dev, libxt-dev, libxtst-dev, pkg-config, python-gi-dev, python3, python3-apt, python3-dev, python3-pip, ragel, ruby-all-dev, sassc, tar, texinfo, unifdef, valac, wget, xauth, xdg-dbus-proxy, xkb-data, xsltproc, xutils-dev, xvfb, yelp-tools, zip, zlib1g-dev

And also, I am very busy due to my exams coming from June 2 to June 9. I am B.Tech Engineering student sir. I hope you will do understand my POV. After my exams I’ll create a detailed post on this thing and my future plans. Currently, the snaps that uses this is Newsflash that I recently got the name from @popey sir, and this one will be the second one to use this. I’ll not recommend anyone currently to use this, without me knowing about it. Cause many bugs and errors may come up.

I would really grateful if you allow this snap to autoconnect.

Thanks,

সৌম্যদীপ ঘোষ

I would suggest a content snap like this should be named to make it clear which webkit version and core it’s based on. For example, webkit-6-2204 would be appropriate, matching the naming convention we use for the gnome content snaps.

As for the issue mentioned, i’ll try a local build and try to provide some hints.

1 Like

So I mentioned above that content snaps have to commit to a stable API - but you said “I’ll not recommend anyone currently to use this, without me knowing about it. Cause many bugs and errors may come up.” which does not give me any confidence that this will be stable.

As such I do not think it is appropriate to grant auto-connect for this for now - particularly if the snap name will change etc as suggested by Ken above.

Please try and get everything stable, then we can look at granting this.

1 Like