Autoconnect request for `personal-files` for `openchrom` snap

The application currently crashes at displaying data. See Charting fails when `.eclipse` is deleted · Issue #17 · OpenChrom/openchrom-snap · GitHub

Hello @Mailaender , adding write to a interface entry also gives read access to it so both are not required. You can remove read:

read:
    - $HOME/.openchrom
    write:
    - $HOME/.openchrom

About $HOME/.eclipse/org.eclipse.swtchart.extensions does it really necessary to have write access?

Yes, it crashes when it can’t write settings.

+1 from me for auto-connecting:

• dot-config-openchrom given the snap is the owner of this directory
  • dot-config-swtchart given the graphing functionality of the snap. (Pending publisher vetting since snap is not the clear owner of this directory and requires write access)

$HOME/.openchrom is clearly owned by openchrom, so +1 from me for auto-connection this interface, which should be renamed to dot-openchrom to fit our naming convention.

$HOME/.eclipse/org.eclipse.swtchart.extensions really seems to be required by the snap to work, so in this case I will also give a +1 even if it is not clearly owned by openchrom . In this case, the interface should be renamed to dot-eclipse-org-eclipse-swtchart-extensions.

I’ll begin the publisher vetting

$HOME/.eclipse/org.eclipse.swtchart.extensions is required. The application currently crashes because it can’t write to that folder. I thought these permission requests would be granted in a more timely manner. Lablicate GmbH is maintaining this library. https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/science.swtchart You are right that these are settings shared between applications, though.

I also added $HOME/.wine while we are at it. We allow launching https://chemdata.nist.gov/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=chemdata:amdis and harvest the results from inside the application, so it requires read/write access to that dot folder as well.

As I said, for personal-files interfaces you need to update the interface names in your snapcraft.yaml to fit the naming convention before the request can proceed.

• dot-config-swtchart should be renamed as dot-eclipse-org-eclipse-swtchart-extensions
  • dot-config-openchrom should be renamed as dot-openchrom

Regarding $HOME/.wine request, I would like to hear @pedronis opinion whether it is a pattern we should support.

Thanks

Renamed it accordingly. dot-config-swtchart and dot-config-openchrom are mandatory. $HOME/.wine is optional.

+2 for, 0 against granting openchrom auto-connection to $HOME/.openchrom and $HOME/.eclipse/org.eclipse.swtchart.extensions via personal-files interface. The publisher is vetted. This is now live.

$HOME/.wine is now panding advice from @alexmurray and @pedronis