Auto-connection request: rpi-imager

Version 1.7.1 of the rpi-imager (the latest at the time of writing, and also the current version in the stable channel of the snap) includes the ability to customize the cloud-init (or other “first-run” configuration). Unfortunately this does not currently work in the snap because it lacks the mount-observe and removable-media connections by default (required to mount the boot partition on freshly flashed images in order to write the customized cloud-init / first-run config).

Would it be possible to add these two interfaces to the auto-connection list for this snap?

For reference:

+1 to me for mount-observe - rpi-imager already has udisks2 which provides similar functionality to enumerate mounts etc. removable-media is perhaps a bit more tricky, since as per the Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks we only would typically grant this for media (sound, photo, videos etc) management applications - however given that rpi-imager flashes images to external devices, auto-connection of removable-media does not seem unexpected to me. The final part then is related to the publisher - whilst this is not published by the official upstream, @popey would definitely fit into the category:

if the snap is published by someone other than upstream, the publisher must be vetted and either be an established committer to the upstream or the wider snap ecosystem (eg, an established well-known contributor to the software itself, a member of the snapcrafters group, etc)

So +1 from me for auto-connect of removable-media for rpi-imager as well.

+1 from me as well for auto-connect mount-observe and removable-media to rpi-imager since both are clearly to support customizing cloud-init as explained. +2 votes for, 0 votes against. Granting auto-connect of mount-observe and removable-media to rpi-imager. This is now live.