Auto connection request of personal-files for winrar

This will help snap to create that dir, by default it doesn’t exists in user local data and to copy files of servicemenus to integrate right click menu for files/dirs of app under dolphin.

winrar-cfg:
    interface: personal-files
    write:
      - $HOME/.local/share/kservices5

Hey @mmtrt,

I am +1 for use of personal-files with write access to $HOME/.local/share/kservices5 to allow the right click experience but since the winrar snap is not the clear owner of the directory, I am -1 for allowing the auto-connection. Can other @reviewers please vote?

Also, could you please rename the interface reference so it better represent the access being granted? (i.e. dot-local-share-kservices5).

Thanks!

-1 from me for access to this directory - from what I understand this allows a snap to configure a service menu entry which the dolphin browser will then allow to be executed from dolphin itself. This then allows a snap to escape confinement and so should not be granted IMO.

1 Like

Thanks @alexmurray. That’s a very important concern and I am actually updating my vote to -1 then as well.

0 votes for, 2 votes against, not granting use of personal-files for write access to $HOME/.local/share/kservices5 for winrar.