Auto-connection request for jdownloader2 (removable-media)

A user requested auto-connection for the removable-media interface on GitHub: https://github.com/pkg-src/jdownloader2.snap/issues/1

This is useful for people who are using secondary disks, USB drives and SD cards for downloads.

After several discussions between snapd architects, security, advocacy and other reviewers, we’ve updated our removable-media criteria in our processes.

Applying the new criteria to this request, jdownloader2 does not fit into one of the known categories (eg, browsers, media player, editor, recorder).

While I agree some users might find it useful for jdownloader2 to download to removable-media, I don’t think that utility outweighs the user’s voice since “removable-media may contain sensitive documents, sensitive pictures/media, encryption keys, etc and that snapd has no insight on the nature of the data” (see the above url). As such, -1 for auto-connection.

@reviewers - can others please vote?

@fnkr - note, if the request is not granted, please see “Manual connection mitigations” for ways that you can provide an improved user experience in your snap.

-1 from me too for auto-connect of removable-mdeia to jdownloadeder2 as this does not fit the updated criteria.

0 votes for, 0 against. Not granting auto-connection.

Please see Manual connection mitigations for ways that you can provide an improved user experience in your snap.